Herring Ridge is located in the foothills of North Carolina a short drive from North Wilkesboro. The camp has more than 2,000 acres of woods, streams, and trails centered around private, 140-acre Lake Broyhill.
Many things bring people from far and wide to Herring Ridge. One of the largest draws is Camp Harrison, a summer camp for youngsters which offers numerous camping experiences for them to chose from. Traditional Resident Camp offers over 21 land activities including: archery, paintball, ropes course, sports and crafts. Adventure tracks allow each camper can create their own personalized experience. Campers can spend the morning in their track and spend the afternoon with the entire camp enjoying water activities like kayaking, canoeing, water zip line, waterskiing, the “Blob” and the “Wet Willie”.
Founded on the YMCA’s Christian values, Camp Harrison’s goal is to give campers an amazing summer experience which they will forever treasure.
There is a lot more going on at Herring Ridge besides the summer Camp Harrison program. Below is a list of some of the opportunities for fun at Herring Ridge.
- Traditional Camp (kids 6-16)
- Dude Ranch (kids 8-16)
- Sportsman Camp (kids 10-16)
- Farm to Feast Camp (kids 8-18)
- Beyond the Ridge (BTR) Leadership Program (kids 13-17)
- Family Camp (different opportunities throughout the year)
- Men On Mountain- Father Son weekend
- Mother/Daughter Weekend
- Women’s Wellness Weekend
- Weddings and More!!!
Pricing for special events is as follows:
- Weddings – Outdoor Chapel Rental $1,500.00
- Family Reunions – $500 for up to 100 people
- Birthday Parties – Start at $500 for 10 participants.
- School Groups – Call for dates & pricing.
- Church Groups – Call for dates & pricing.
- Teambuilding – 2-3 hours $25 per person/4-6 hours $50 per person (lunch can be added for a fee of $12 per person)
- 1 Night/No meals/3 hours of programming – $88 per person (40+ guests)
- 1 Night & 1 Meal/ 3 hours of Programming – $98 per person (40+ guests)
YMCA Members pay the Y rate on any programs offered. This applies to summer camp as well! Call (336) 921-7067 to plan your Herring Ridge event.
How to get to Herring Ridge.
- From US 421 North or South you will take exit 286A (towards Taylorsville and Lenoir) then turn right onto 16/18.
- Turn right at 4th traffic light (located in front of the middle school) onto NC 18 South (towards Lenoir).
- The sign for Herring Ridge will be in about 10 miles on your left.