MenaRick Vineyard and Winery is a special treat nestled in the foothills of North Carolina. This family owned and operated vineyard specializes in Spanish and Portuguese varietals. With more than 8 acres of vines planted, including Syrah, Merlot, Chardonnay, Albariño, Grenacha, Tempranillo and Tinta Roriz every guest is sure to find a new favorite wine.
Mena and Rick have built this winery from the roots up! They cut the timber, cultivated the land and built the tasting room with logs from the property. Each year they make a trip to Portugal where they visit the vineyard operated by Mena’s family and search for special treasures to bring home for the winery. These treasures add a special touch to the tasting room and help to tell stories of their Portuguese history. For Mena and Rick, wine making is a passion and labor of love that they gladly share with all who visit. They encourage their guests to take in the scenery by taking a stroll by the pond, having a picnic on the hillside or relaxing with a glass of wine on the patio. This vineyard is a place to escape the bustle of everyday life and is a must see while you visit Wilkesboro NC.
How to get to MenaRick
• Head East on 421 from Wilkesboro towards Winston-Salem (about 10 miles)
• Take Exit 276 toward Red White and Blue Road
• Turn Left after exit and follow until road ends at NC-268 E/Elkin Hwy
• Turn Right onto 268 and follow for about 4 miles
• Turn Left on Hoots Road and follow for 1.5 miles
• Turn Right on Austin Little Mountain Road and follow for 2 miles
• Turn Right on Luffman Road and look for the MenaRick sign and gravel drive shortly on your Right
Feel free to bring anything you may want for a picnic and be sure to pack your camera to capture the scenery. MenaRick Winery accepts debit and credit (except for American Express).
Where to stay
The Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are only a short drive away and are located just off of Hwy 421 making them easy to find. Both offer a delicious hot breakfast and cozy accommodations. These two hotels frequently offer romance or wine packages which are sure to make your visit extra special!